As Eleven’s carbon fiber line is transitioning to a new brand name. I’m thinking about how to start the process of coming up with a new stick design.
I check out lots of sticks on the market before deciding what approach I want to take. Strong tech emphasise for a general all around player, using the S19 as a guide.
I think it is a pretty crazy awesome stick targeting the same type of demographic.
Marketing Video for the Easton S19:
- The stick looks sleek, sexy
- Designs are simply, understated
- Long curves to emphasize flex and how the stick flexes when shot
- Highlights the Carbon Fiber
- Easton and the S19 stick name stand out from a mile away
- Mentions the “technology” in the stick
Start this video from 2:21 to see their graphic designer talk about how he designed the stick. We should mock up designs with colored tape and water stickers so you can see how the different design elements work.
The Totalone is less sexy, but still very simple: